I have over 30 years of experience in strategy development, business management, information technology management, service management, and product management. Here are examples of my key consulting engagements over the last eight years:
- Managed a multi-year, strategic data center migration program for a leading card payments company
- Managed integrated program schedule for workstreams including mainframe, payment authorizations infrastructure, client and vendor circuits, and distributed applications.
- Shared program progress and issues directly with both the business units and the client’s customers
- Communicated with senior leadership on status and issues; planned and ran cross-team and cross-business strategy workshops; monthly reviews with company CIO
- Planned and directed command centers / war rooms for major migration events
- Coached and supported a team of project managers
- Executed a strategic assessment to help a financial services client migrate its SharePoint environment to SharePoint Online / Office 365
- Focused on user adoption of SharePoint and Teams
- Researched and recommended metrics for user adoption goals
- Developed and managed a technology procurement RFP for a recently-merged financial institution
- Reduced strategic technology vendors from six to two
- Saved over $100k/year in end user and server hardware (immediate savings impact)
- Partnered with a nationally-recognized training company to delivery courses to IT professionals. Classes included:
- Customer Service Excellence
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategic Thinking
While most everything I know I learned on the job, my educational background provided a great foundation. I have a BA in Economics from Brandeis University, and an MBA in Finance and Organizational Behavior from Boston College. Learning is lifelong, and I have certifications in Six Sigma, Product Management, and IT Service Management. I also attend conferences when possible to understand trends, hype, and to replenish my pens and t-shirts.
My most important things in life are my wife, two children, our dogs, playing as much golf as time permits, listening to anything from heavy metal to the blues, and getting some exercise. Everything else is icing.
One thought on “Harold’s Background”