I have over 25 years of experience in strategy development, business management, information technology management, service management, and product management. Some of my key accomplishments over the years include:
- Developed multi-year strategy and roadmaps for end user computing products such as email, instant messaging, web conferencing, and document sharing
- Managed the $15MM program to integrate these products following Bank of America’s acquisitions of LaSalle Bank and Merrill Lynch
- Led the global product management team responsible for all of the financial, customer service, product enhancement and business requirements of the company’s messaging and collaboration products
- Negotiated contracts with strategic vendors, leading to nearly $1MM in savings and $600k annual run rate savings
- Implemented the first Service Management processes and managed teams responsible for Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management components
- Completed a Design for Six Sigma project resulting in a $1MM+ annual save in provisioning mobile devices to employees
While most everything I know I learned on the job, my educational background provided a great foundation. I have a BA in Economics from Brandeis University, and an MBA in Finance and Organizational Behavior from Boston College. Learning is lifelong, and I have certifications in Six Sigma, Product Management, IT Service Management; I also attend conferences when possible to understand trends, hype, and to replenish my pens and t-shirts.
My most important things in life are my wife, two children, my dog, playing as much golf as time permits, listening to anything from heavy metal to the blues, and getting some exercise. Everything else is icing.